[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: _DNS_ security problems

For what it's worth, I agree with Bob that DNS should be taken out of
the picture as far as Java is concerned.  I can't see any good reason
that Java should be rely on the DNS for its security measures.
Connection restrictions should be entirely IP address-based.

People using DNS names for Web _server_ access restrictions should
also be warned that this mechanism is subject to DNS spoofing.  It's
better to restrict access by IP number or subnet.

Lincoln